photography

Comments

• edited 1:31PM
    sarah_geronimitis_patient wrote on Mar 12 2008, 02:37 AM:
    what was the background btw? parang may neon strands din. *looks closer*
    ate, yearbook ko po.. ahehehe.. la lang.. ganda ksi gawing background eh... 17.jpg
    alamatpaul wrote on Mar 13 2008, 09:25 PM:
    IMG_8019pp.jpg
    hahahaha!! ang kiyuttt....
  • alamatpaulalamatpaul Bioman
    edited March 2008
    ms/tita sgp may i request that this thread be placed in the artworks section
    because I think we're talking more of art than technology right here. what do you think?

softfocusIMG_7956biglinissmallss.jpgmy sister
    moving as per "mang alamat"'s suggestion. laugh.gif

ganda ng soft focus ah, parang pang-wedding shots. raw shot ba yun alamat? smile.gif
    edited 1:31PM
    mang alamat! ha ha ha. parang ang "wise" nun ah.

actually, hindi raw shot yan. nagbabasa lang ako tungkol sa mga lenses. tapos napapunta sa soft focus. eh sa opis ang internet reference.com lang puro txt lang walang pic.
    pag uwi ko sa bahay hinanap ko kung ano ang itsura ng soft focus.
    tapos google image
    tapos nakita ko na
    tapos photoshop tutorial pala un.
    tapos nakita ko ang dali lang. pindot ctrl J ctrl shift u.... viola! soft focus!
    pero ung original pic maganda na rin. sharp.
    naaliw ako kasi may phobia/tamad/walang pasensya ako sa photoshop pero as in ang dali ng proseso! he he feeling ko konting practice pa!!! yey!!!
    We have some pretty good shots to share here from our coverage of the SJ NOTC concert. Tita Aries had nice equipment with her (Canon EOS - not sure about the model) and Ate SGP and I were more than willing to shoot away!

Hopefully, ma-share namin yung mga pics na 'yon dito soon!
    honga! pero no pressure kay tita aries. hahaha! i does look like malalaking files eh. tongue.gif
    For the meantime, here's a pic I took hastily while going up this bridge entering San Francisco. (Canon Powershot SD630)

Tita Aries was driving. Me in the front seat. Ate sgp in the back.

The mountains behind the Golden Gate bridge camouflaged the bridge so di kayang kunan ng pic. So I resorted to taking this pic instead. [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/smile.gif This is very raw even the tint from the windshield ay di ko na na-crop. Hehe.[/img]2579768750058999922S600x600Q85.jpg
  • ChairCChairC Bungi Fanatic
    v.nice.. thanks sgp and alamat - and thanks Joe too for the tips - ... interesting lenses you have -
    ^ yes lenses...lenses very expensive...hindi na nga ako kumakain eh... jowk

malamang ang lenses ni MLD eh
    canon L, IS, USM.
    sana post sya dito 17.jpg
    actually ito po yung gamit ni sir ML

Nikon D80 DSLR with 70-200mm Sigma HSM f/2.8 lens

heheh stalker nya ako aheheh! hndi nabasa ko sa isang post nya aheheh.
    waaaah kuya paul ganto pala sa thread n ito hahah!

looks like i have long been having THE INTEREST kaso last sunday lang dumating ang camera ko haha

hindi pang prof ang camera ko is it a hindrance para makasabay sa learning heheh ask ko lang para di n ako maxado umasa hahaah!

point and shoot digicam

sony_dsc_s650_front.jpg
    sony_dsc_s650_back.jpg

Sony DSC-S650 will feature a 7.2 Megapixel image CCD sensor, 3x optical zoom, high ISO 1000 sensitivity for low-light shooting and long battery life.

Technical Details
    Sensor type: 1/2.5-inch CCD
    Effective pixels: 7.1 million
    Maximum resolution: 3072 x 2304
    Image ratio: 4:3, 3:2, 16:9
    ISO rating: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000
    White balance override: 5 positions
    Aperture range: f2.8 - f4.8
    Shutter speed: 1 - 1/2000 seconds
    Built-in flash : Yes
    Flash modes: Auto, Red-Eye reduction, On, Off, Slow Sync
    Optical zoom : 3x
    Digital zoom : Yes
    Image stabilization: No
    Auto focus: Yes
    Manual focus: No
    Auto focus type: TTL
    Focus range: 35cm - 5cm
    Exposure compensation: -2 to +2 EV in 1/3 EV Steps
    Metering: Multi-Segment, Spot
    Movie clips: Yes, 320 x 240 at 30 fps
    Self timer: 10 seconds
    Storage types: Memory Stick Duo / Pro Duo + Internal (adapter needed to use memory stick in card readers on computers or kiosks, but was included with my memory stick)
    Storage included: 24 MB
    Compressed format: JPEG (EXIF 2.2)
    Quality levels: Fine, Standard
    Viewfinder: Optical
    2 inch LCD display
    LCD pixels: 115000
    Video out: Yes
    USB: Yes
    Firewire: No
    Battery type: AA batteries (2)
    Dimensions: 3.6 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches
    Weight: 6.3 ounces

heheh shianre ko lang hahah wala kasi akong magets sa last pages n binasa ko dito hahah me kinalaman b n iba ang camera ko hahah anu b yung macro heheh!
    ^
    eto daw ang gamit ni MLD

EF 300 2.8L IS, EF 200 1.8L and zoom EF 70-200 2.8L IS

kakalula!!! yan yata ang ginagamit sa mga sports, tennis, basketball
    quoting M&LDad's photography info from the NOTC 2008 Anaheim thread:
    Mia & Lana's dad wrote on Apr 1 2008, 07:12 PM:
    ining1 wrote on Apr 1 2008, 03:35 PM:
    what is your say on ef 100 f/2.8 macro... I have that, is it good for a concert shot? I did not have a chance to use it when i went home,my niece accidentally dropped it but it contunue to bother me. What if I used the lens for my shots?
    I have that lens, it's an excellent optic that's a great tool for what it was designed to do. Razor sharp. Macro shots are usually set up without regard to time constraints. As such, it doesn't need to have a super fast focus motor. If you have plenty of light, it will have a better time locking on as quick as it can - but during a concert venue it will most likely hunt for focus lock having a hard time keeping up with the movement. Remember, its primary purpose is intended for stationary objects, up close. It also does well for outdoor portraits.
    quoting M&LDad's photography info from the NOTC 2008 Anaheim thread:
    Mia & Lana's dad wrote on Apr 2 2008, 01:25 PM:
    ining1 wrote on Apr 2 2008, 09:52 AM:
    thanks...what was the iso you used and what kind of telephoto lens you recommend for people who are amateur in photography but loves to take concert photos?

One ISO setting doesn't fit all when lighting conditions are erratic. It needs to be set at a level which allows the shutter speed you want to use. If you want to freeze motion, then bump up the ISO to get higher SS, but then that will tend to introduce noise into the image the higher ISO you go. Photography is a compromise. Understand that and you'll be able to explore the possibilities.

Unfortunately, the Super Tele's command their weight in gold and rightly so. However, the EF 135mm F2.0L will give you a taste of that level of performance in a very palatable price of admission. It will give you a big slice of the high end pie and is very affordable. The only trade off with the 135mm, (remember compromise?), is that it is one of the shortest focal lengths within the telephoto lens group - any lower and you get into medium-tele. So, you will need to be up close if you want tight headshots. The EF 200 2.8L is also another affordable optic that has excellent image quality (there are two other 200mm's super tele's above this). The compromise here is that it isn't as fast optically as the 135mm, not to be confused with its super fast focus motor which the 200mm F2.8L snaps focus lock right on. When we say a lens is fast or slow, we look at the F-number/F-stop for its aperture. A lower numerical value is faster and of course the higher it is, the less light it is able to take in. The aperture is the physical opening or main control point of light as it passes through the lens. Fast glass is expensive, but it allows you the most control to paint with light. Both the 135mm 2.0L and 200mm 2.8L can take 1.4x and 2.0x extenders pretty well without image degradation. The only caveat here for a concert application is that with each, your base lens aperture is reduced by half or full-stop respectively. This means you'll have to bump up the ISO to compensate in order to get the shutter speeds you'll need to avoid blur. Dealing with noise is a fact of life when you choose to shoot with ambient lighting. Flash photography is great too when the situation is well suited or allows for it - then, noise isn't so much of a concern.
    ^ thanks sgp.

58.jpg
    sir MLD we're here! *kaway-kaway*

here's what sir MLD's lenses look like
    he used three during the recent champs tour

Canon_EF_300mm_F2.8L.jpgEF 300 2.8L

EF 200 1.8L 1ef200mmf_18l_1_.jpg

is70-200-2.8_2.jpgEF 70-200 2.8L IS

to better appreciate these lenses...it's like
    me riding a toyota
    and MLD's cruising in a Ferrari
    bow
  • outriggeroutrigger One SG Force
    thanks for the summary ate sgp! and to M&L Dad, for sharing your expertise with us. worship.gif alt='worship' ]

paul, thanks for posting those! *marvels* (those would be difficult to sneak in the concert, alright. tongue.gif )
  • edited April 2008
    alamatpaul wrote on Apr 3 2008, 07:57 AM:
    ^ thanks sgp.

58.jpg alt=':58:GoDorina' ]
    sir MLD we're here! *kaway-kaway*

here's what sir MLD's lenses look like
    he used three during the recent champs tour

Canon_EF_300mm_F2.8L.jpgEF 300 2.8L

EF 200 1.8L 1ef200mmf_18l_1_.jpg

is70-200-2.8_2.jpgEF 70-200 2.8L IS

to better appreciate these lenses...it's like
    me riding a toyota
    and MLD's cruising in a Ferrari
    bow

yikes.gif alt=':yikes:' ] wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh napa-nganga na lng ako sa mga lenses nato.....

i really want to win the lottery lol_1.gif para may pambili ng mga ganyan..... hay i really wanna learn how to take better pics hehehehe

pano na-sneak in sa concert?... well i guess may insider naman na 2mulong rite? hehehehhee

thanks for everyone for sharing these and the tips too
    wow. use of those lenses is common for sports right? kita sila sa tennis and basketball.
    looks like stuff right out of nasa. hehehe..mini Hubble.
    edited April 2008
    Scully wrote on Apr 3 2008, 09:11 PM:
    wow. use of those lenses is common for sports right? kita sila sa tennis and basketball.
    looks like stuff right out of nasa. hehehe..mini Hubble.

^ also for the paparazzis
    spying on celebrity couples on their private weddings and honeymoon. he he he.

which one is MLD? 6.jpg should we go there?
    i think i better stop

^ i think it also has a mini rocket so it could go into orbit!

^ or maybe he's from National Geographic
    taking pics of cheetahs, you know wild life.

pagchismisan ba si sir?