Sarah Holds Own Crowd

People's Journal - Mario Bautista (03Apr11)"Sarah Holds Own Crowd"-FREEHAND
by Mario Bautista,
People's Journal, April 3, 2011 (excepts)

- We're happy for Sarah Geronimo as her "Catch Me I'm In Love is a hit. She has proven that it's not just her films with John Lloyd Cruz that can be a hit. The ending where Sarah gatecrashes in the presscon of Gerald as he's about to leave for abroad is borrowed from the ending of "Notting Hill".
Another comic scene, the dinner where Sarah doesn't know how to eat escargot(snail) is also taken from Julia Roberts' "Pretty Woman".

In all fairness to Sarah, even if her scenes were copied from Hollywood films, she was able to carry them all with aplomb. She's a natural comedian who's very charming in her hilarious scenes but she also handles her dramatic scenes well particularly that farewell scene she had with Gerald at the Manila Hotel grounds. Gerald also shows that he can act well (he already did in "Till My Heartache End"),

aside from the fact he looks every inch a heartthrob leading man. He certainly proves he can be on his own and not just identified with his love team with Kim Chiu. No doubt, this movie's intention is to just make kilig the viewers and Director Mae Cruz definitely succeeds in her intentions. Cathy Molina now has a rival in making rom-coms of this sort that is lifeblood of Star Cinema. @SGeronimo25 #GeraldAnderson @queenbeemae @micodelrosario @roxy_liquigan

Comments

• edited 5:36AM
    "Sarah Holds Own Crowd"-FREEHAND
    by Mario Bautista,

- We're happy for Sarah Geronimo as her "Catch Me I'm In Love is a hit. She has proven that it's not just her films with John Lloyd Cruz that can be a hit. The ending where Sarah gatecrashes in the presscon of Gerald as he's about to leave for abroad is borrowed from the ending of "Notting Hill".
    Another comic scene, the dinner where Sarah doesn't know how to eat escargot(snail) is also taken from Julia Roberts' "Pretty Woman".

In all fairness to Sarah, even if her scenes were copied from Hollywood films, she was able to carry them all with aplomb. She's a natural comedian who's very charming in her hilarious scenes but she also handles her dramatic scenes well particularly that farewell scene she had with Gerald at the Manila Hotel grounds. Gerald also shows that he can act well (he already did in "Till My Heartache End"),

aside from the fact he looks every inch a heartthrob leading man. He certainly proves he can be on his own and not just identified with his love team with Kim Chiu. No doubt, this movie's intention is to just make kilig the viewers and Director Mae Cruz definitely succeeds in her intentions. Cathy Molina now has a rival in making rom-coms of this sort that is lifeblood of Star Cinema. @SGeronimo25 #GeraldAnderson @queenbeemae @micodelrosario @roxy_liquigan

sana yung gagawin part 2 pang december filmfest.. ano kaya kung silang 3 sa movie-sarah-john lloyd and
    gerald................sigurado super super box-office ito...by the way congartz to sarah and gerald
    at sa buong casts dahil in 10 days ay naka 103 million na ang CMIIL....may 3rd at 4th week pa
    sigurado aabot pa yan ng 150 million plus........................
  • edited April 2011
    "Sarah Holds Own Crowd"-FREEHAND
    by Mario Bautista,

THANK YOU MR MARIO BAUTISTA FOR THE NICE WRITE UP...TAMA PO KAYO NA SARAH IS A NATURAL
    ACTRESS ESPECIALLY SA COMEDY.......
    Thanks po for sharing smile.gif
  • outriggeroutrigger One SG Force
    edited 5:36AM
    galing talaga ni Sarah! sleazy.gif

thanks for sharing!
  • Bagong TIKTIK - The success of CATCH ME...I'M IN LOVE proves that SARAH GERONIMO is really a BOX-OFFICE STAR; that her tandem w/ Gerald Anderson is a big hit.
  • Reviews/comments showed on ASAP ROCKS reg CATCH ME...I'M IN LOVE:

- CERTIFIED MEGA BOX-OFFICE HIT!
    - SARAH & GERALD make it; it solidifies GERONIMO's status as a BOX-OFFICE QUEEN!
    - Matteo Guidicelli has a very distinct screen presence. He doesn't blend w/ the scenery, he creates it
    - Director Mae Cruz makes full use of her lead star's fresh rapport to ignite romantic sparks
    thanks for sharing