Movie Review: Catch me i'm in love

http://www.edelweiza.com (01Apr11)Movie Review: Catch me i'm in love
Apil 01.2011
Source: http://www.edelweiza.com/
URL: http://www.edelweiza.com/2011/03/movie-review-catch-meim-in-love.html

Watched the latest Star Cinema and Viva Films team-up movie Catch Me...I'm In Love with my brother Danison last night at the Premier Cinema of Mall of Asia. I didn't intend to see it but my brother offered to get me a ticket so I acquiesced. My brother is a big Sarah Geronimo fan and based on his facial expression after watching the movie, I could tell he had a great time. As for me, I think it's safe to say that I liked it. If it were otherwise, this review wouldn't have been here in the first place.

5575979372_275db4a34c.jpg

Directed by Mae Czarina Cruz, Catch Me...I'm in Love is a light, rom-com film that centers on the lives of two young adults searching for that something that could complete their existence. For Roan Sanchez (Sarah Geronimo), it's finding that one, true love. For Eric Rodriguez (Gerald Anderson), it's learning how to appreciate his life and those of other people around him. The two would fall in love but conflict would arise to try to break their special bond. It was up to them to fight for their love despite the odds, or not.

It's undeniable that Sarah Geronimo and Gerald Anderson had chemistry. It showed in the entirety of the movie. Geronimo's infectious laughter and youthful vibe combined with Anderson's hot looks and superb acting were a sure fire formula for an enjoyable cinematic treat. They were both effective in playing their roles. There were a lot of cute lines from the cast that would either make you smile, giggle or even holler with laughter. All this and the two lead stars' showing of genuine affection for each other gave the movie a high entertainment value.

Cinematography was good, too. The lighting was done in such a way that the lead stars would look fairer and more flawless. Fast-paced as it may seem, the scenes were played wonderfully in solid hues and with good backdrops. I particularly liked the scenes in the rural areas where Roan and Eric had their immersion.

The plot was predictable, yes, but it was refreshing to see new and familiar faces that worked together to deliver their lines well and contribute to the film's effectivity and overall, bankable packaging. Matteo Guidicelli's character as Roan's friend and secret admirer was lacking in depth and development, though. He could have posed a love triangle with the two lead stars and this would have added color to the story. (At least that's what I think the movie poster above was trying to tell me.) But I guess the director only wanted to focus on a single conflict. That is, to establish initial insecurity in Geronimo's character so that she would question the validity of her first romantic relationship and her love for Anderson's character and eventually give up on the blossoming romance. Or maybe, the developments in the movie unfolded a little too fast there was barely enough time to inject the love triangle aspect. But at least the viewers would know about Guidicelli's character's true feelings for Roan at one point in the movie. That scene you should watch out for, otherwise you won't know about it at all.

Acting wise, the cast did well. Expect funny antics coming from Roan's family and casual and serious acting from Eric's side of the fence. The ending happening in an open, public space is a given as it's always been a characteristic of many Star Cinema movies.

All in all, Catch Me...I'm in Love is a light, feel-good movie. The kind that will leave you with a light, happy feeling after watching. No need for strong analytic skills or anything, just watch it to be entertained, see your fave local stars on the big screen and get reminded that indeed, true love waits.

Comments

• edited 4:08AM
    Movie Review: Catch me i'm in love
    Apil 01.2011
    Source: http://www.edelweiza.com/
    URL: http://www.edelweiza.com/2011/03/movie-review-catch-meim-in-love.html

Watched the latest Star Cinema and Viva Films team-up movie Catch Me...I'm In Love with my brother Danison last night at the Premier Cinema of Mall of Asia. I didn't intend to see it but my brother offered to get me a ticket so I acquiesced. My brother is a big Sarah Geronimo fan and based on his facial expression after watching the movie, I could tell he had a great time. As for me, I think it's safe to say that I liked it. If it were otherwise, this review wouldn't have been here in the first place.

5575979372_275db4a34c.jpg

Directed by Mae Czarina Cruz, Catch Me...I'm in Love is a light, rom-com film that centers on the lives of two young adults searching for that something that could complete their existence. For Roan Sanchez (Sarah Geronimo), it's finding that one, true love. For Eric Rodriguez (Gerald Anderson), it's learning how to appreciate his life and those of other people around him. The two would fall in love but conflict would arise to try to break their special bond. It was up to them to fight for their love despite the odds, or not.

It's undeniable that Sarah Geronimo and Gerald Anderson had chemistry. It showed in the entirety of the movie. Geronimo's infectious laughter and youthful vibe combined with Anderson's hot looks and superb acting were a sure fire formula for an enjoyable cinematic treat. They were both effective in playing their roles. There were a lot of cute lines from the cast that would either make you smile, giggle or even holler with laughter. All this and the two lead stars' showing of genuine affection for each other gave the movie a high entertainment value.

Cinematography was good, too. The lighting was done in such a way that the lead stars would look fairer and more flawless. Fast-paced as it may seem, the scenes were played wonderfully in solid hues and with good backdrops. I particularly liked the scenes in the rural areas where Roan and Eric had their immersion.

The plot was predictable, yes, but it was refreshing to see new and familiar faces that worked together to deliver their lines well and contribute to the film's effectivity and overall, bankable packaging. Matteo Guidicelli's character as Roan's friend and secret admirer was lacking in depth and development, though. He could have posed a love triangle with the two lead stars and this would have added color to the story. (At least that's what I think the movie poster above was trying to tell me.) But I guess the director only wanted to focus on a single conflict. That is, to establish initial insecurity in Geronimo's character so that she would question the validity of her first romantic relationship and her love for Anderson's character and eventually give up on the blossoming romance. Or maybe, the developments in the movie unfolded a little too fast there was barely enough time to inject the love triangle aspect. But at least the viewers would know about Guidicelli's character's true feelings for Roan at one point in the movie. That scene you should watch out for, otherwise you won't know about it at all.

Acting wise, the cast did well. Expect funny antics coming from Roan's family and casual and serious acting from Eric's side of the fence. The ending happening in an open, public space is a given as it's always been a characteristic of many Star Cinema movies.

All in all, Catch Me...I'm in Love is a light, feel-good movie. The kind that will leave you with a light, happy feeling after watching. No need for strong analytic skills or anything, just watch it to be entertained, see your fave local stars on the big screen and get reminded that indeed, true love waits.

thanks - nice review.................tama si writer na when you see this film yung bang masaya
    ka na lalabas ng sinehan feeling contented and wishing you were young again............
  • outriggeroutrigger One SG Force
    edited 4:08AM
    thanks for sharing!
  • edited 4:08AM
    thanks for sharing