Upcoming SG.COM v3.0

adenoadeno Guardian
edited May 2006 in Administrator
features list / wish-listI'll post here the upcoming changes I plan to implement for version 3.0... target date for release is unknown.

Will add to this post later and continually edit as I come up with things.

1. Global word-filtering throughout the site, ip/hostname temporary ban upon detection of filtered word

2. Customized shoutbox using flash/AJAX

3. SGContent dissolved into SG.COM, possible use of forum attachments for multimedia download use (no download/time-limit) - increases SG.COM bandwidth by 10x

4. Member detection in any part of the website - global member/guest count shown on forum

5. AJAX control for homepage - allow extensive user interaction - make the homepage into a customized 'room' for each registered member (google uses this type of protocol)

6. Mobile phone (WAP) support via RSS or WPL

Comments

• edited 7:19AM
    biggrin.gif Give Suggestions on what to put on V3.
    It would help alot
  • DanDan Founder / Admin
    edited 7:19AM
    how about using joomla for version 3.0 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    that means we'd have to make yet another bridge to connect the users on the forum to joomla.. though it might be easier than what i'm already thinking of
  • DanDan Founder / Admin
    Hi Ton, Thanks for creating this thread. Let's drop joomla. Though it has a lot of built in modules, mahirap din kasi malilimitahan tayo sa pwedeng gawin of we decided to add features na wala sa kanya...dahil sa framework nya. Ang hirap i explain hehe pero I know you understand what I mean..

Ok, about sa pinag uusapan natin ngayn sa google talk hehe...I'll write the content management system that we can use for v3.0 so we wont rely on cutenews any more..but to do this, we should be able to upload the news from cutenews to a mysql table.
    Madali lang cguro to..w/ your help syempre.

We all know that SG.COM is huge when it comes to content...the challenge is, for us to gather this data and display it on the site in a user friendly interface(nice layout, search functions etc)..I thinki i've learned enough php to be able to do this...

so yes, umpisahan nan atin ang version 3.0 hehehe

What we need.

A database for version 3.0
    feature list ..kung anu ano idadagdag natin at kung ano ang aalisin sa v2.0(meron ba?)

Ano pa ba??
  • PopsiePopsie Graphic Artist
    suggestion lang po... hindi ko nga sure kung nag eexist ba ito dito sa type ng forum natin...

pwede bang ano pag mag nag sign up na new member tas mali yung email na nilagay eh sasabihin dun? kasi dami akong nakikitang invalid email ng mga members eh... like www.merimeri@yahoo.com tapos ginagawa pa nilang username yan... may paraan ba para ma prevent yung ganun? pag lagay ng inappropriate na characters sa username saka pag sulat ng invalid email add?

sana rin sa V 3 maglagay kayo ng maliit na corner sa index page pra madaling makita... pra sa mga txts ni sarah like a little scrolling box tas andun yung mga messages na prang mini blog ba? kasi prang dun lang talga nakakasulat si sarah eh.. parang yun na lang pinaka blog nya since hindi naman sya nag ba blog.. pro nag t txt naman sya ng updates kung ano nangyayari and stuff...

biggrin.gif yun lang maisip ko.. biggrin.gif
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    email checking i think exists in this forum software, haven't looked into it yet.

as for that blog thing, that's not really hard to program into this forum, just requires a little bit of understanding on how the code is laid out for this software.
  • DanDan Founder / Admin
    Version 3.0 updates.

1. Cutenews data succesfully imported to MYSQL..
    - Soon we'll have a searchable News Archive.
    - Archiving of News articles, per month..from 2003 onwards.

Ongoing development
    - Our own Content management system for Version 3.0
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    One of my bigger worries right now is how I'm going to converge sgcontent and sg.com into one.. would make it easier to have only one site to keep track of total bandwidth. It's possible we could use attachments as the new form of downloading (with member tracking). Right now, I can't track who downloads what, just how many times it has been downloaded total.

Only problem here, is the huge migration of files (1000+) and that our database also begins to fill up with the attachments info now being a big part of the forum.

Several options I'm looking into at the moment, but I'm unfortunately busy with preparation for Sarah's return here in two months spoton.gif
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    RE: shoutbox and homepage moderation

It was brought to my attention that shoutbox is just nothing but a pain for mods and a great place for the pasaway to let loose. I've noticed too, that any changes to the shoutbox (like erasing messages) doesn't appear to take effect immediately. So all those negative messages still show for some time. Remove the shoutbox permanently?

Also, with regards to the news we post, can we not just redirect the news we post as LINKS to the actual article in the forums? That way, moderation can be done via forum permissions (mods/admins/anyone else with permission would be able to moderate as necessary). After seeing someone post a poem for Sarah 66 times and having to delete 65 of them one by one, it was clear that cutenews is lacking moderation features. At least with the forum, the permissions already exist.

Lastly, we need to evaluate any changes to member group permissions for guests and newbies. The way it seems, a large number will register just to cause trouble. Just a heads up.
  • DanDan Founder / Admin
    Hi Ton, Cutenews will be phased out on the version 3.0, aside from moderation issues, taha data is stored in th text file and redunandant ang posting since all the news are posted in the forums first.
  • PopsiePopsie Graphic Artist
    anything new?

biggrin.gif
  • adenoadeno Guardian
    Since the apparent theme of SGIM and "Taking Flight" follows from the posters we've seen, I will start trying to materialize a theme with silver and pink variants as per Sarah Geronimo In Motion.

Lately, prep for concerts has driven me all the way to the ground, hence the reason you don't see me around on the forums as much sad.gif