The Voice Behind "Magkaisa"

Comments

• edited 12:51PM
    ..ur the best tlga ate sarah..

..ur really the one..
    Sarah really has a voice of an angel. Hair-rising talaga ang rendition nya. I'm so proud of her. =)
    ..tnx for sharing..

..congrats ate sarah..
    mac wrote on Aug 8 2009, 10:03 PM:
    It’s 1986 all over again!
    The voice behind ‘Magkaisa’

In the wake of Cory Aquino’s death, the spotlight is once again trained on the spirit of EDSA and the elements of People Power – from the political movers and shakers to the adoring crowds, from the glorious yellow confetti to the slogans, from the singers to the songs.

Particularly missing, however, is one person. While her powerful voice is once again heard as part of the soundtrack of recent times, Virna Lisa, the singer behind the inspiring song “Magkaisa’’ is nowhere near where the action is.

Thanks to Facebook, we found her!

Virna Lisa Loberiza is now Mrs. Snowden Mananzan who has been living on the US East Coast with her three children Jaco, Toby and Frankie.

Virna followed the Cory funeral proceedings online and watched pop star Sarah Geronimo interpret “Magkaisa.’’ Many people couldn’t help but compare Sarah’s version with the original. “I’m glad they chose her, she is a wonderful singer and I’m sure she did justice to the song. If people did not like it, it’s maybe because they just weren’t used to her affectations or her style since they consider the song to be a “classic” and not to be altered in any way. But kudos to her for rendering the song and making it her own!’’ Virna states.

link: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/214945/the-v...behind-magkaisa

wow couldnt imagine this..sg's rendition is talked of the town..all over the net.. interpretation of the song was very hearlfelt and moving..i just cant believe that there are so many perfectionist people out there..anyway thanks Mrs. Virna for those kind words for sarah..

wooot wooot!!ganda talga nung version ni sarah..pinapaulit ulit ko sa youtube..wahaa

thanks for sharing po smile.gif
    thanks for sharing!

salamat rin Mrs. Virna! smile.gif
    Thanks for sharing!
  • DanDan Founder / Admin
    edited 12:51PM
    thanks for sharing
    tnx 4 sharing
    sarah really give justice to the song

i like her rendition...

at kahit di pa ako pinapanganak the time that the song is launch, i still can relate and feel the song
    YEs naman !!

as usual galing ng pgkakanta ni ate sarah.
    dami papuri sa version nya , kahit c Korina nga napansin.

thanks for sharing.
    galing mo talaga sarah
  • edited August 2009

In the wake of Cory Aquino’s death, the spotlight is once again trained on the spirit of EDSA and the elements of People Power – from the political movers and shakers to the adoring crowds, from the glorious yellow confetti to the slogans, from the singers to the songs.

Particularly missing, however, is one person. While her powerful voice is once again heard as part of the soundtrack of recent times, Virna Lisa, the singer behind the inspiring song “Magkaisa’’ is nowhere near where the action is.

Thanks to Facebook, we found her!

Virna Lisa Loberiza is now Mrs. Snowden Mananzan who has been living on the US East Coast with her three children Jaco, Toby and Frankie.

Virna followed the Cory funeral proceedings online and watched pop star Sarah Geronimo interpret “Magkaisa.’’ Many people couldn’t help but compare Sarah’s version with the original. “I’m glad they chose her, she is a wonderful singer and I’m sure she did justice to the song. If people did not like it, it’s maybe because they just weren’t used to her affectations or her style since they consider the song to be a “classic” and not to be altered in any way. But kudos to her for rendering the song and making it her own!’’ Virna states.

wow couldnt imagine this..sg's rendition is talked of the town..all over the net.. interpretation of the song was very hearlfelt and moving..i just cant believe that there are so many perfectionist people out there..anyway thanks Mrs. Virna for those kind words for sarah..

i agree.. napakaganda talaga ng pagkakanta nya.. memorize ko na ata yung song sa sobrang daming beses ko na napanuod yan.. super ganda ng version nya..

share ko lng din po.. ung husband ni ms. virna lisa na snowden mananzan is cousin ng dad ko.. hehe.. share ko lng po.. danielle mananzan me..
    hehe.. la lng masabi..
    Nice comment of the former singer of the original version of "Magkaisa". Buti nga lang natanggap ang paghanga kay Sarah G. Sa kabila nito, kinabahan nang kaunti ang pagkanta ni SG ang rendition nito, pero okey lang. happy.gif alt='^ ^' ]

Habang si Lea Salonga naman mas tanggap ang paghanga (in her rendition of "Bayan Ko") kaysa kay Sarah G kasi si Lea malinis at maayos ang singing technique niya.

Better luck next time, Sarah G! thumb.gif
  • edited August 2009
    pinkberry wrote on Aug 8 2009, 04:19 PM:
    Verdad wrote on Aug 8 2009, 11:45 PM:
    Thanks for sharing.

Well the countless who heard Sarah's version have news for
    Ms. Virna Lisa : People like very much Sarah's version.
    The family of Cory Aquino chose her because they know
    Sarah because she will not only do justice to do song ; she will do great!
    Another wonderful news: Sarah's awesome rendition
    gave life again to the song. For a while Magkaisa was already forgotten,
    the song as well as the singer.

But now Sarah gave it the beat of the now the generation
    and now the singer and the song are both perfect
    and memorable for today's generation!

well said, verdad!!! what better way for the new generation to know about the song and what's going on ... put an artist like Sarah at the forefront!
    MAGKAISA HAD BEEN UPLOADED @ YOUTUBE 37X AND HAD 136,721 HITS as of 08/09/2009 9PM
    galing n ate sarah talaga....
    tnx pOh 4 sharing..
    tnx po 4 sharing...
    nbgyan tlga ni bebe sarah ng justice ung song...she sang it from the heart kya mafifeel mo tlga ung meaning ng song...parang ngbalik ung edsa revolution.

1_273195197l.jpg
    BELATED HAPPY,HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY SA'YO "BEBE KO"...WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

pls.vote bebe sarah para sa BEAUTY OF AUGUST...lmang na po uli ng konti c marian..iba na po ngaun ang botohan,,di mo na pede ipress ng mrami beses ung VOTE pero pede pa ring mkarami...pagkaboto ng 1 e click nyo lng ung RETURN TO POLL tpos boto uli,..paulit-ulit lng po...
    kung paramihan lng naman ng fans e obvious naman na pnalo na c bebe sarah..pero ndi lng paramihan ng fans ang kelangan d2,kelangan din ng mtinding tyaga at pgtutulungan sa pgvote..so pls..gaw3in po nten ito para maipanalo nten c bebe sarah..matutuwa cia cgurado pg nalaman nya na lgi cia pnalo sa mga polls gaya nito..tnx po nang marami...

TO VOTE,JUST CLICK THIS LINK... BEAUTY OF AUGUST

- two thumbs up for you BEBE ko..! 14.jpg

thanks for sharing..!
    SUGGESTION PO:

TO ALL SARAH GERONIMO SUPPORTERS (especially the Popsters):

I think, we should give way to video of jazz4sarahg (Magkaisa by Sarah G.) para lalo pang dumami view ng video nya.We should make a sacrifice, just for our princess Sarah, para sa kanya to.If you really care for her, we should make our uploads of Magkaisa private.I already did the first move, I already make my video private, ang dami na po kasing nag-uupload ng Magkasia, one reason yon kung bakit nahahati mga views.PLS. let us unite to make Sarah Gs MAGKAISA, viewable & more accessible to the public

Thanks for the support.God Bless You All! thanks po..
    At first, I didn't know the song magkaisa and my sisters told me about it and everything that they know about the historical event. Luckily, I watched the show and sarah did great in singing that song. I was really moved by it and even felt the urge to cry because of the intense feeling that I felt that time.