News on Angeline Quinto

Philstar - Bot Glorioso (24Jun11)Angeline: What you see is what you get
By Bot Glorioso (The Philippine Star) Updated June 24, 2011

MANILA, Philippines - Try asking Angeline Quinto any question and you won’t hear an answer laced with pretensions. She’d rather tell everything in a straightforward manner than keep everyone guessing on issues that involved her. She seems forever candid, blurting mouthful of truths.
[size="2"][color="#000000"]
No visible sign of insincerity when she tells, “Sarah (Geronimo) and I are okay,” pertaining to rumors that Sarah doesn’t welcome the idea of doing production numbers with her on stage as they are often compared to each other. Both are mainstays of ABS-CBN’s Sunday afternoon variety show ASAP Rocks.

“I understand her point because even I won’t be comfortable if I hear comments from her fans or my fans will say something against her, nakakailang po yun ayoko ng ganun,” says Angeline, putting to rest the issue that continues to run in the gossip mill. “So to avoid intrigues, perhaps it’s better for us not to be in the same production number.”

Besides, Angeline adds, they often exchange text messages. There was also a time that they talked on the phone. Sarah called to explain her side clearly. “Kaya sobrang okey po talaga kami ni Sarah.”
[/color][/size]
[size="2"][color="#000000"]Angeline has already met Sarah even before she was named Star Power grand champion. Both tried their luck in the singing tilt Star for a Night where Sarah was declared grand winner.
[/color][/size]
The latest Belo endorser also clears talks that she and Sam Milby are dating. According to reports, they were spotted having dinner together.

“Truth is, we attended a Star Records event and after, we had dinner but we were with his manager,” affirms Angeline. “Sam is a good friend and he’s like a brother to me. Besides, it would be tough for me to be his girl, English-speaking s’ya. Pagod na ko lagi, pagod pa ko sa kanya (laughs).”

What Angeline is too vocal about is her admiration fo r Coco Martin. His good looks and acting talent strikingly appeal to her. She even requested for Coco’s cell phone number so she could invite him to her first major solo concert, Patuloy ang Pangarap, at the SM Sky Dome on July 15, 8 p.m.

But Angeline brushes off the idea of falling in love this soon. Her career is just starting to pick up and realizing her dream one by one pushes her to always do her best. She admits her life took a 180-degree turn right after Star Power. Positive things continue to happen to this day. She is now the voice behind many Kapamilya teleserye theme songs. She, too, has set foot on international shores. She had been to Singapore recently and as of this writing, Angeline is set to join Sharon Cuneta’s six-city US Tour. Canada is next on her singing engagement list for TFC.

“Until now, I can’t believe this is all happening to me. This time, a solo concert. The blessings keep on pouring and I thank God every day. I always make it a point to go to Quiapo church every Friday,” she offers.

Although she is neck-deep with work that she seldom sees her mom Sylvia, Angeline never misses to cook her mom’s favorites every time she comes home like paksiw na bangus and pinakbet.

“My family is my inspiration. I get tired, yes, but I’m willing to take all the challenges because I know that my mom is there, my family… they are my strength,” Angeline shares.

Thus, she just shrugs her shoulders when some people label her as “jologs” or “walang class.”

“I grew up in Sampaloc and came from an average class so why pretend to be sophisticated and cultured? Hindi ko ‘yan feel.”

(Patuloy ang Pangarap is produced by ASAP Live and Star Events. Marvin Querido directs with Johnny Manahan as over-all director. For tickets, call SM Ticketnet at 470-2222.)

Link: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=699381&publicationSubCategoryId=70

Comments

• edited 1:57AM
    Thanks po for sharing!
    Angeline: What you see is what you get

MANILA, Philippines - Try asking Angeline Quinto any question and you won’t hear an answer laced with pretensions. She’d rather tell everything in a straightforward manner than keep everyone guessing on issues that involved her. She seems forever candid, blurting mouthful of truths.
    No visible sign of insincerity when she tells, “Sarah (Geronimo) and I are okay,” pertaining to rumors that Sarah doesn’t welcome the idea of doing production numbers with her on stage as they are often compared to each other. Both are mainstays of ABS-CBN’s Sunday afternoon variety show ASAP Rocks.

“I understand her point because even I won’t be comfortable if I hear comments from her fans or my fans will say something against her, nakakailang po yun ayoko ng ganun,” says Angeline, putting to rest the issue that continues to run in the gossip mill. “So to avoid intrigues, perhaps it’s better for us not to be in the same production number.”

Besides, Angeline adds, they often exchange text messages. There was also a time that they talked on the phone. Sarah called to explain her side clearly. “Kaya sobrang okey po talaga kami ni Sarah.”
    [/color][/size]
    [size="2"][color="#000000"]Angeline has already met Sarah even before she was named Star Power grand champion. Both tried their luck in the singing tilt Star for a Night where Sarah was declared grand winner.
    [/color][/size]
    The latest Belo endorser also clears talks that she and Sam Milby are dating. According to reports, they were spotted having dinner together.

“Truth is, we attended a Star Records event and after, we had dinner but we were with his manager,” affirms Angeline. “Sam is a good friend and he’s like a brother to me. Besides, it would be tough for me to be his girl, English-speaking s’ya. Pagod na ko lagi, pagod pa ko sa kanya (laughs).”

What Angeline is too vocal about is her admiration fo r Coco Martin. His good looks and acting talent strikingly appeal to her. She even requested for Coco’s cell phone number so she could invite him to her first major solo concert, Patuloy ang Pangarap, at the SM Sky Dome on July 15, 8 p.m.

But Angeline brushes off the idea of falling in love this soon. Her career is just starting to pick up and realizing her dream one by one pushes her to always do her best. She admits her life took a 180-degree turn right after Star Power. Positive things continue to happen to this day. She is now the voice behind many Kapamilya teleserye theme songs. She, too, has set foot on international shores. She had been to Singapore recently and as of this writing, Angeline is set to join Sharon Cuneta’s six-city US Tour. Canada is next on her singing engagement list for TFC.

“Until now, I can’t believe this is all happening to me. This time, a solo concert. The blessings keep on pouring and I thank God every day. I always make it a point to go to Quiapo church every Friday,” she offers.

Although she is neck-deep with work that she seldom sees her mom Sylvia, Angeline never misses to cook her mom’s favorites every time she comes home like paksiw na bangus and pinakbet.

“My family is my inspiration. I get tired, yes, but I’m willing to take all the challenges because I know that my mom is there, my family… they are my strength,” Angeline shares.

Thus, she just shrugs her shoulders when some people label her as “jologs” or “walang class.”

“I grew up in Sampaloc and came from an average class so why pretend to be sophisticated and cultured? Hindi ko ‘yan feel.”

(Patuloy ang Pangarap is produced by ASAP Live and Star Events. Marvin Querido directs with Johnny Manahan as over-all director. For tickets, call SM Ticketnet at 470-2222.)

Link: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=699381&publicationSubCategoryId=70
    [color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Comic Sans MS"]
    Thanks for sharing..more power to sarah..bring back all the glory to GOD..GODBLESS... peacecirclesmaller.gif peacecirclesmaller.gif [/font][/size][/color]
  • Angeline Quinto grateful for many blessings
    abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 06/27/2011 7:02 PM | Updated as of 06/27/2011 7:02 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Blessings continue to pour in for “Star Power” grand winner Angeline Quinto.

Aside from performing the theme songs of various ABS-CBN shows, including “100 Days” and “Kris TV,” and radio dzMM, Quinto has been tapped to sing the new tourism campaign of the country called “Choose Philippines.”

Now dubbed as the “Theme Song Diva,” the rising singer said it is a privilege to represent the country in such a manner.

Among many projects lined up for Quinto is a solo concert that will take place once she comes back from the United States where she would join Sharon Cuneta’s concert tour.

Cuneta’s concert is Quinto’s first out-the-country show, and she promised to do her best.

On top of her music career, Quinto will also get to star in a teleserye.

Quinto disclosed that it is her dream to be paired with her idol, young actor Coco Martin.

Quinto is praying that she would remain healthy so that she can fulfill all her commitments.

[color="#000000"]With fame came intrigues. After winning “Star Power,” Quinto has endured being compared to Pop Star Princes Sarah Geronimo.

But Quinto appealed to the public to stop comparing her with Geronimo.

She also dispelled rumors that she would replace Geronimo, a belter like herself, on musical variety show “ASAP Rocks.” -Report from Mario Dumaual, ABS-CBN News
    [/color]

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/27/11/angeline-quinto-grateful-many-blessings
  • edited June 2011
    [size="2"][color="#000000"]Angeline, papalitan na nga ba si Sarah?[/color][/size]

Theme Song Diva na ang bansag sa Star Power search champion Angeline Quinto.

May sarili siyang bersyon para sa 100 Days to Heaven, dzMM, at Kris TV. Aawitin din ni Angeline ang theme song ng bagong tourism campaign na "Choose Philippines." Napili siyang kumanta matapos ang Independence Day celebration sa Luneta.

”Ang laking karangalan po talaga na ginagawa ko na ito para sa bayan natin,” aniya.

Dream come true pa ang una niyang biyahe sa Amerika bilang guest sa concert tour ni Megastar Sharon Cuneta. Biro niya, maghahasa rin siyang mag-Ingles!

“Oh yes, I will do my best all the time,” aniya.

Sa kanyang pagbalik , isusunod ang kanyang solo concert. Pinaplano na rin ang kanyang sariling teleserye kung saan gusto niyang matupad ang isa pang pangarap.

“Sana makasama ko po si Coco Martin kasi idol ko talaga siya,” aniya.

[color="#000000"]Sinalag na rin ni Angeline ang isyung siya na ang magmamana ng trono ni Sarah Geronimo.

“Hndi po! Siya pa rin ang inspirasyon ko... Hindi naman totoo na ako na ang papalit sa kanya sa ASAP. Aandun na po siya, andito lang ako sa baba,” aniya.
    [/color]
    Dasal lang ni Angeline, huwag siyang magkasakit para makayanan niya ang lahat ng oportunidad na binibigay sa kanya! Mario Dumaual, Patrol ng Pilipino

06/27/2011 10:05 PM

Link here http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/entertainment/06/27/11/angeline-i-wont-replace-my-idol-sarah?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • Angeline Quinto sets first major concert at SM Sky Dome
    By CRISPINA MARTINEZ-BELEN
    June 28, 2011, 9:47am

MANILA, Philippines -- Dreams do come true for “Star Power” winner Angeline Quinto who holds her first major concert called “Angeline Quinto: Patuloy Ang Pangarap” on July 15, 8 p.m. at the SM Sky Dome.

Regine Velasquez will most likely lend star power to Angeline’s concert. “I don’t mind it [if pregnant Regine does not make it], in fact I feel honored,” she said during the press conference held to announce her concert. “There will be other important guests in her concert,” she added.

[color="#000000"]It is also being bruited around that she and Sarah Geronimo are now having an intense rivalry. They practically started the same way, winning the grand championship in a songfest.

But Angeline relegated herself a fan of Sarah’s. “I admire her. We have performed together in some production numbers. But I guess she has so many shows now that it is already difficult for us to perform together.”

“Miss Geronimo,” Angeline added, “has her own fans and I do have my own. Sometimes, her fans and those of my own do not see eye-to-eye.”

Asked if she was already dating Sam Milby, she said no. “We were together in one occasion but with several other friends. That was not dating,” she said.
    [/color]
    Angeline considers her forthcoming major concert as the fulfillment of her dream.

Among the songs she will be performing are those from her debut album, “Patuloy Ang Pangarap” under the Star Records like the title track, “Muling Magmamahal,” “Panghabang Panahon,” “Wag Mo Akong Iwan Mag-Isa,” and “Sana Ngayon Lang Ang Kahapon.”

Her other credentials include theme song exposures in the high-rating series “100 Days to Heaven” and “Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin.”

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/324537/angeline-quinto-sets-first-major-concert-sm-sky-dome

[/color][/size]
    [/color][/size]

tnx po for sharing
    peacecirclesmaller.gif
    I just simply don't like AQ...

basta...

forever ate idol 'Sarah G' pa rin!!!!

^_^
    [img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SG Picture Picture.png ][/img][img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SG Picture Picture.png ][/img][img]https://sarahgeronimo.com/uploads/ipb/style_emoticons/legacy/SG Picture Picture.png ][/img]

[/color][/size]
    [/color][/size]

[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Comic Sans MS"]
    Thanks for sharing..more power to sarah..bring back all the glory to GOD..GODBLESS... peacecirclesmaller.gif peacecirclesmaller.gif [/font][/size][/color]
    thanks for share